ELICon – Excellence in Leadership & Instruction Conference
- Be inspired by innovative instructional and leadership topics to renew excitement back at your college.
- Learn from dynamic feature presenters unmatched in the field of leadership and education.
- Find creative solutions to persistence and retention challenges at your college.
- Discover new ideas and best practices to help you excel.
- Meet people from across the nation who will inspire, motivate, and stretch your thinking.
- Connect with professionals to further your educational partnerships in a diverse setting.
- Personalize your learning experience through a variety of engagement opportunities.
Keynote, Mark Murphy
Mark Murphy, president and CEO of the Green Bay Packers, will share personal experiences and stories about the people who have influenced him along his professional leadership journey, as well as how the Green Bay Packers have developed a positive culture.
Thursday October 27, 2016 9am-9:45am
ELICon: Leading Across Generation, Gender, and Culture
New generations, international employees, and people of diverse backgrounds impact the workplace and community. Five distinct generations work together. Differing beliefs, expectations, values, and learning styles lead to conflict. Learn to foster healthy communication and collaboration. Discover communication skills related to gender. Learn to identify key issues related to misconceptions and stereotypes. Understand how younger generations change workforce norms.
- view differences as a valuable strength
- identify barriers of difference
- adapt your communication style to a variety of needs
Terra L. Fletcher has a decade of experience in business development and marketing consultancy. She has presented more than 100 workshops, panels, and classes on communication. Terra is an adjunct instructor at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, teaches communication at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay, and was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year (2012). Terra has trained the National Association of Tax Professionals, the American Counseling Association, the National Chimney Sweep Guild, Wisconsin Plastics, Prevea Health, and Georgia Pacific.